La Live Steam Modeling Foundation (FMVV) was established on January 1, 2010. Its main aims are to:
• preserve the heritage of replicas of live steam engines and safeguard from abandonment and destruction all replicas of live steam engines and others,
• allow the construction and maintenance of a building to store the said live steam locomotive models in 3.5, 5 and 7.25 inch gauge, as well as all other live steam engines other than locomotives,
• create a collection which, if necessary, could be made available to a museum The FMVV is the bearer of the project to enhance the collections and create a depot-museum at the Swiss Vapeur Parc to house them. Anglais Its activities aim in particular to collect the necessary funds to make available to the public a heritage to be valued and shared, with a view to disseminating knowledge.
Anglais The FMVV is chaired by Yves Marclay, director of the transport company RegionAlps SA. Its founding members all come from the Swiss Vapeur Parc public limited company. The project to build a depot-museum also benefits from the support of the former Valais State Councilor Claude Roch, who gave his support to the managers of the Swiss Vapeur Parc as soon as it set up in Bouveret.
Chairman of the foundation board:
- President: Mr. Yves Marclay
- Vice President: Mr. Sébastien Oggier
- Mr. Claude Roch
- Mr. Julien Richard
- Mr. André-Pierre Tardy
- Mr. Charles-Henri Coutaz